Faculty and staff resources
The Graduates school recognizes the important role faculty and staff members play in graduate student success. We share resources to help you support, mentor, and reward graduate students.
You'll find policies, program information and more in the Graduate Catalog.
Change in forms submission process—Graduate Admissions and Academic Progress
Effective March 1, 2022, to improve documentation of form submission to the Graduate School and ensure FERPA compliance for forms sent electronically, all Graduate Admissions and Academic Progress forms are to be submitted via the FERPA compliant Graduate Admission & Academic Progress Form Submission page or hand delivered to the Graduate School offices in Blacksburg or Falls Church. The Graduate School will no longer accept any forms submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or an individual Graduate School staff member email.
For questions regarding this new process, please contact Janice Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that forms for Graduate School Dean review and signature should continue to be submitted through their secure submission page.
(updated March 1, 2022)
Submit progress to degree annual student evaluations via this link.
- Promoting Academic Success
- Honors & Awards for Students
- Commission on Graduate Study & Policies, Minutes
- Graduate Curriculum Committee
- Graduate Program Directors and Coordinators contact list
- Expectations for Graduate Education
- GTA Workshop (fall and spring)
- Graduate Committee Service Approval (As of March 1, 2021, began processing Graduate Committee Service Approval request forms exclusively via the Google form linked above. A downloadable pdf guide to completing the online request form can be found here.)
The Graduate School has compiled a wealth of data regarding graduate student enrollment, admissions, retention and degree conferral, funding, and post-graduation career plans. The information is presented in an interactive manner, so you can find data for a program, college, or the university. Information about climate surveys, the Graduate Education Task Force report, and other reports also can be found on this website.
The Graduate School has launched a twice-monthly newsletter that will be archived at this blog site. The blog is a way to communicate with graduate program directors (GPDs) and graduate coordinators regarding upcoming events, policy updates, administrative announcements and important deadlines.