Degree seeking applicants must pay a $75 non-refundable application fee.
Non-degree applicants and former students re-admitting must pay a non-refundable $25 application fee.
Virginia Tech Graduate School Fee Waivers
A Virginia Tech Graduate School application fee waiver request is submitted on the Fee Waiver Request tab in the online application. Application fee waiver codes are issued Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Office of Recruitment, Diversity, and Inclusion (ORDI) Fee Waivers
You are eligible for a Virginia Tech Graduate School ORDI application fee waiver only if you meet one of the following criteria:
- McNair Scholar
- REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates)
- MAOP (Minority Academic Opportunities Program)
- VT PREP (Post-Baccalaureate Research and Education Program in the Biomedical and Behavioral Sciences)
- VT IMSD (Initiative to Maximize Student Diversity Program - A PhD Fellowship Program in the Biomedical & Behavioral Sciences)
- VEF Fellow (Vietnam Education Foundation)
- GEM Consortium Scholar
- VT AMP or LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation)
- Virginia State University/Virginia Tech partnership UG/G 4+1
- Peace Corps
- Active Duty or Veteran status
- MARC (Minority Access to Research Careers)
- Math Alliance
- National Name Exchange
- HBCU/MSI summit
- CGEP (Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program)
- NRO (National Reconnaissance Program)
Departments seeking application fee waiver codes for single use or continuous use should complete the application fee waiver request form
Teachers and other school administrators in Virginia qualify for a special reduced tuition rate and should complete the Request for Reduced Tuition Rate for Grades K-12 form. A new form is needed each fall for the upcoming academic year. Please route the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.