Degree seeking applicants must pay a $75 non-refundable application fee.
Non-degree applicants and former students re-admitting must pay a non-refundable $25 application fee.
You are eligible for a Virginia Tech Graduate School application fee waiver only if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are/were a McNair Scholar at your undergraduate institution.
- You participated in a Research Experience for Undergraduates program at Virginia Tech.
- You participated in a MAOP (Minority Academic Opportunities Program) summer program at Virginia Tech.
- You participated in VT PREP (Post-Baccalaureate Research and Education Program in the Biomedical and Behavioral Sciences).
- You participated in VT IMSD (Initiative to Maximize Student Diversity Program - A PhD Fellowship Program in the Biomedical & Behavior Sciences).
- You are a VEF (Vietnam Education Foundation) Fellow.
- You are a GEM Consortium Scholar.
- You participated in VT AMP or LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation)
- Virginia State University/Virginia Tech UG/G 4+1
- You are returning from a Peace Corps assignment.
- You are active duty or veteran status.
Virginia Tech Graduate School application fee waiver approval must be received prior to submitting an online application. To get a fee waiver, complete this form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 540-231-1670. You should receive a response within one business day.
Teachers and other school administrators in Virginia qualify for a special reduced tuition rate and should complete the Request for Reduced Tuition Rate for Grades K-12 form. A new form is needed each fall for the upcoming academic year.