Graduate Alumni Achievement Award
Established by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Graduate School and Virginia Tech Alumni Association in 2003. To qualify for the award, a potential nominee:
- Must be an alumni of an officially recognized Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University master's or doctoral graduate program
- Must demonstrate outstanding national and/or international achievement and exemplary contribution to profession, discipline, community or society
- Must be engaged in efforts that enhance the reputation of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University to a national and/or international audience
- Must not be the subject of any past or ongoing ethical investigations or circumstances that would discredit Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Completed nomination form
- Only alumni who have obtained a graduate degree from Virginia Tech are eligible. VT undergraduate alumni who have obtained their graduate degree(s) from another institution are not eligible
- One to two page nomination letter from a Virginia Tech employee providing some national and/or international context to the nature of the candidate's credentials
- Additional one to two page letter of recommendation from an individual or representative familiar with the candidates achievement and exemplary contribution to his or her profession, discipline, community or society
- Copy of the nominee's CV
To nominate an alumni, compile signed nomination form and all supporting documents on the checklist (in the above order) in a single PDF file. Upload this package through the following survey:
Deadline: February 28, 2019, 5:00pm
A commemorative plaque will be presented by the Graduate School and Alumni Association at the spring Graduate Commencement Ceremony.
The recipient’s name will also be added to the Alumni Achievement Award perpetual plaque displayed at the Graduate School.