Graduate Alumni Achievement Award
The Graduate School and Virginia Tech Alumni Association established this award in 2003 to recognize outstanding graduate alumni.
- Be a graduate of an officially recognized Virginia Tech master's or doctoral program
- Demonstrate outstanding national and/or international achievement and exemplary contribution to profession, discipline, community or society
- Be engaged in efforts that enhance the reputation of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University to a national and/or international audience
- Not be the subject of any past or ongoing ethical investigations or circumstances that would discredit Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- One to two page nomination letter from a Virginia Tech employee providing some national and/or international context to the nature of the candidate's credentials
- One to two page letter of recommendation from an individual or representative familiar with the candidate's achievement and exemplary contribution to his or her profession, discipline, community or society
- Nominee's CV
Compile all of the supporting documents into a single PDF file in the same order as listed above and upload as part of the nomination survey.
Submit 2020 nominations by Friday, October 16, 5:00pm
A commemorative plaque will be presented by the Graduate School and Alumni Association at the fall Graduate Commencement Ceremony. The recipient’s name will also be added to the Alumni Achievement Award perpetual plaque displayed in the Graduate School.