If you witness academic bullying, there are some actions you can take to disrupt it.
Not all of the following may be practical in any given situation, but they are strategies that you can use as appropriate.
- Acknowledge that you are witnessing behavior that qualifies as bullying. For a reminder of what constitutes bullying behavior revisit the front page.
- Ask the target if they would like assistance.
- Shut down bullying behaviors in group situations.
- Reach out to the target of the bullying behavior.
- If appropriate, speak to the aggressor in private about their behavior.
- Know the resources available for the target and yourself.
- Submit a report via this referral form.