Web Based Resources
- "Mean and Nasty Academics: Bullying, Hazing, and Mobbing" Academic Ladder: Get Help with the Climb
- "Recovery from Workplace Bullying" By Bullyonline.org
- Anonymous. "Bullies have no place in academia – even if they're star scientists" The Guardian
- Anonymous. "Bully" Inside Higher Education
- Anonymous. "Bullying in academia: ‘Professors are supposed to be stressed! That’s the job’" The Guardian
- Anonymous. "Not all PhD supervisors are natural mentors – some need training" The Guardian
- Anonymous. "Toxic Academic Mentors" Tenure She Wrote
- Anonymous Academic. "We need a bigger conversation about bullying in academia" The Guardian
- Amienne, K. A. "Abusers and Enablers in Faculty Culture" The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Cabraal, Anuja. "Bullying in academia" The Research Whisperer
- De Luca and Twale. "Mediating in the Academic Bully Culture: The Chair's Responsibility to Faculty and Graduate Students"
- Depauw, Karen. "Academic Bullying"
- Depauw, Karen. "Academic bullying and graduate education"
- DePauw, Karen. "31 Tips for Thriving in Graduate School"
- Editorial "No place for bullies in science" Nature.
- Farley, Sam and Christine Sprigg. "Culture of cruelty: why bullying thrives in higher education"
- Fast, Nathanael. "Create a Bully Free Workplace" Harvard Business Review
- Field, Tim. "Types of Bullying" BullyOnline
- Fogg, Piper. "Academic Bullies" The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Gunsalus, C. K. "Dealing With Bullies" Inside Higher Ed
- Kelly, Rob. "Preventing Bullying in the Academic Workplace" Faculty Focus
- Lipsett, Anthea. "Bullying rife across campus" Times Higher Education
- McGlynn, Terry "What if the PI recommendation letter is missing or is bad?" Small Pond Science
- Parks, Eileen "A culture of kindness: overcoming bullying" Naturejobs
- Prescod-Weinstein, Chanda. "20 Warning Signs Your Professor’s Abusing You"
- The Thesis Whisperer. "Academic assholes and the circle of niceness"
- Van Noorden, Richard. "Some hard numbers on science’s leadership problems" Nature
Tips to spot a bully in a job interview:
- Curry, Lynne. "How To Spot Disguised Workplace Bullies During The Interview"
- "Can behavior-based interviews keep bullies out?"
- "10 Interview Questions to Weed Out Toxic Job Candidates"
- Sullivan, John. "How to Screen Out Sexual Harassers During the Hiring Process".
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Cassell (2011). Bullying in Academe: Prevalent, Significant, And Incessant. Contemporary Issues In Education Research
- Frazier (2011). Academic Bullying: A Barrier to Tenure and Promotion for African-American Faculty. Florida Journal of Educational Administration and Policy
- Keashley and Newman (2010). Faculty Experiences with Bullying in Higher Education: Causes, Consequences, and Management. Administrative Theory and Praxis
- McCay et al. (2008). Workplace Bullying In Academia: A Canadian Study. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal
- Namie and Namie (2009). U.S. Workplace bullying: Some basic considerations and consultation interventions. Consulting Psychology Journal
- Hollis, L. (2012). Bully in the ivory tower: How aggression & incivility erode American higher education.
- Sutton, R. (2007). The no asshole rule: Building a civilized workplace and surviving one that isn’t.
- Twale, D. & DeLuca, B. (2008). Faculty incivility:The rise of the academic bully culture and what to do about it.
Ombudsperson Bryan Hanson's presentation on academic bullying and how to disrupt it.
This anti bullying ad from Burger King isn't directly about academic bullying, but it touches on aspects of bystander intervention.