Immigration Resources

Learn about SEVIS, an Internet-based system that maintains current academic and immigration information about non-immigrant students in F-1 and J-1 visa status and their F-2/J-2 dependents.


Contact Persons
Full-time and part-time immigration advisors in the Graduate School are available to assist you.


Cranwell International Center
The Cranwell Center provides immigration advising and other services for international undergraduate students. It also offers social events and activities for the international student and scholar population and their families.


Study in the States
Provides information for international students who want to study in the U.S.


Educational Testing Services (ETS)
ETS provides standardized tests including the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Find out about test center locations, schedules, registration information, computer based testing, sample questions, and more.


Immigration Terms
Glossary of words frequently used in immigration processes.


Understanding Visa and Visa Status
Learn the important distinction between a visa and your visa status.


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security provides first hand information about immigration services and benefits. You may learn about regulations and policies, read their newsletter, and download immigration forms. USCIS Code of Federal Regulations for F-1 Student Status.


U.S. Department of State
The website of the Department of State provides travel information and advisories, information about visas, and listings of U.S. consulates abroad. Code of Federal Regulations for J-1 Exchange Students


U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE)
The largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Their website contains information about becoming an academic student in the United States, maintaining your status, and arriving at a port of entry.


SEVIS I 901 Fee
Details about the fee required by non-immigrant students who are seeking an F1 or J1 visa.