24-month Stem OPT Extension - Employer Responsibilities
In addition to being enrolled in E-verify, the employer must also:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the STEM OPT program
- Have an IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN) for tax purposes.
- Provide adequate and appropriate training.
- Abide by reporting obligations to IGSS. A separation of employment by either the employer or the student must be reported directly to IGSS.
- Maintain a bona fide employer/employee relationship with the student.
- May not allow the STEM OPT student to displace a temporary or permanent U.S. worker.