- Master’s and doctoral-level students who are long-term Virginia residents (attended high school in Virginia)
- Must demonstrate financial need by submitting a FAFSA
- to the Financial Aid Office
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents entering their first year of graduate study
- $20,000 stipend
- In-state tuition for one year
- Students must pay their own comprehensive fees
- Two awards are granted each academic year
- One nomination is allowed per department
- Nominations by a faculty member are to be sent to the Director of Recruiting, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Nominations due by April 3
Please note that faculty are encouraged to nominate prospective students who add to the diversity of the department, such as students who are traditionally underrepresented in your field/discipline. This may include first generation, low income, racial/ethnic minorities, and women in STEM.
For more information, contact Shernita Lee at (540) 231-6529.