David W. Francis & Lillian Francis Research Fellowship
The David W. Francis and Lillian Francis Scholarship Fund was established to provide graduate fellowships in research that emphasizes longer, safer, and healthier lives. The disciplines designated in the endowment include agriculture, engineering, bioinformatics, plant pathology, wood science and forest products, veterinary medicine, and biotechnology.
- For Ph.D. students in their final year of research
- Research that emphasizes “longer, safer, and healthier lives”
- Nomination from an academic department
- $22,500 stipend
- In-state tuition for one academic year
- The fellowship does not provide out-of-state tuition assistance
- Two research fellowships will be awarded for each academic year
- Nomination packets should include:
- Letter of support from the academic unit
- Letter from the faculty advisor(s)
- Description of the student’s academic work
- Synopsis of the student’s research and its relevance to the topic
- Email nomination packets to the Vice President and Dean for Graduate Education or the Director of Finance and Administration by March 1.