PEO Scholar Award
P.E.O. International is seeking nominations for the highly competitive Scholar Award. The P.E.O. Scholar awards program was established in 1991 and provides educational awards (currently $15,000) for women who are within two years of completing a doctoral level degree and must have one full academic year of work remaining at the time the award payment is made (August 1, 2021).
P.E.O. International is a philanthropic educational organization (www.peointernational.org) providing financial aid for the education of women. The three Blacksburg P.E.O. Chapters coordinate to identify, with the help of VT graduate offices and department chairs, potential applicants to nominate for these awards.
ELIGIBILITY: A woman is eligible for nomination by a local P.E.O Chapter (required) if she:
1. is within two years of completing her doctoral level degree or postgraduate study or research by August 1, 2012 (granting date);
2. has at least one academic year remaining from the granting date to complete her doctoral program;
3. demonstrates academic excellence with a strong research path, publications, awards and service activities (particularly during the past 12 months), maturity and seriousness of purpose;
4. has clearly defined career objectives, showing promise of making a significant contribution to her field;
5. is a full-time student at an accredited college, university or institution;
6. is a citizen of the United States or Canada at the time of nomination.
LOCAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Due by September 4, 2020
1. A concise one to two-page letter of application highlighting current work and career goals (See Eligibility 3. above);
3. Send these application materials to: June Mullins, 915 Allendale Court, Blacksburg, VA 24060 or electronically to email@example.com. Questions: e-mail or call 540-230-3016
If selected for nomination by a local P.E.O. chapter, the applicant will receive an official application package (official transcripts, etc.) from the international P.E.O. Scholar Awards office.