Immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019 forms) are issued and mailed to new students after an Admission Decision Letter from the Graduate School has been issued, and an email has been sent to the student from the Immigration Advisor stating all immigration requirements have been met.
Please choose one of the following options when requesting to have your immigration documents mailed:
During most of the year, immigration documents are sent through regular international airmail and can take from 3 to 6 weeks to be delivered, depending upon the country.
The International Graduate Student Services office uses an express shipping service for students who wish to receive their documents via DHL, FedEx or UPS. Express shipping is done at the requesting individual's expense. Payment must be made by credit card (Visa, Amex, MasterCard or Discover cards only).
To request express mail service, CLICK HERE TO REQUEST. The site works best with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Do NOT go to the DHL, FedEx or UPS sites directly.
1. Create and activate your account. It's Free!
2. Log in using your registered email and password
3. Click the "Receive a Package" option
4. Be sure you have the following items ready:
- Your VT ID number (required)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card information
5. Type Virginia Tech in the University Search box
6. From the drop down menu, select Graduate School
7. Enter address information and pay the mailing cost online
8. University Express Mail Services (UEMS) will route the request to Virginia Tech Graduate School. IGSS will be able to print the shipping label. Once this has been done, you will be able to track your immigration package.