Mailing of 2017 W-2 and 1042s Forms
- W-2 and 1042s tax documents are mailed to the most current active mailing address listed in HokieSpa. To ensure receipt of these documents, addresses should be verified and updated in HokieSpa PRIOR to January 1, 2018.
Claiming 2017 Tax Treaty Benefits
- The Internal Revenue Services (IRS) requires that any foreign national claiming tax treaty benefits on wages or salary earned in the United States file a Form 8233 each year they wish to claim the tax treaty.
- There is no deadline for completing the tax treaty forms. Tax treaty benefits will begin in 2017 with the first payroll processed after the form has been signed.
- The Payroll Office will begin preparing 2018 tax treaty documents December 7, 2017.
- To claim this exemption go to the Payroll Office, North End Center, 300 Turner Street NW, Suite 3300 between 9:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m to complete the appropriate forms.
- (Note: the Payroll Office will be closed Tuesday, December 15th 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- What to take to the Payroll Office?
- Original passport
- Printed I-94 or card
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Social Security card
All documents are required for completion of the tax treaty forms.
Countries with Tax Treaties
- Click the following links for the list of countries with tax treaty benefits.
- Students from a country not listed will not be eligible for tax treaty benefits.
- Students from India do not have any tax treaty forms to complete