Application & Pre-Arrival Information


International students from all over the world choose graduate study at Virginia Tech. Tech offers a vibrant graduate community in which students and faculty from diverse backgrounds collaborate to advance research and scholarship. Virginia Tech welcomes international applicants and offers a range of services to support international students throughout their courses of study.

Application Information and Procedures
Learn about the application process for international and domestic students as well as testing requirements and deadlines.

Financial Requirements
Information about financial requirements for students seeking an F1 or J1 visa.

Mailing of Immigration Documents
Information about regular and expedited mailing of I-20 and DS-2019 forms.

Pre- and Post-Arrival Planning
Immigration and other requirements, travel tips, and helpful information for new international graduate students who are just getting started at Virginia Tech.

Medical Requirements
Immunization requirements from the Schiffert Health Center.

Health Insurance Requirements
Guidelines for purchasing health insurance that meets Virginia Tech's requirements.

Transferring to Virginia Tech
For students in F1 or J1 status transferring to Tech from another American institution.